[Dxspider-support] Hello, newbie and question

Jaime Robles jaime at robles.nu
Sun Mar 17 20:30:25 GMT 2002

Hello all!
I am EA4TV.
I have subscribed to the list because i am thinking of migrating a dxcluster
node running CLX to DXSpider...
Mainly because many people have told me that it is better soft and so on...
but also because i have seen that clx is not "open soft" and the develop of
clx is VEEEEEEEERY slow... if there is still any develop ;-)

I have been running a node since... maybe April or May 2001 but it is only an
"Internet-node" since EA have many restrinctions to set a "radio-node".

Well, the node i am trying to migrate is a node who is not intended to give
service to users... well, it is, but not in a "console way".
We are working in a "webcluster" and a "another-cluster" (i'll explain the
"another" meaning in a following email in maybe one or two weeks when we
finish our testing) ;-)

I would like to ask some questions...
Is DXSpider compatible to CLX? I mean... if i just change my clx port to the
dxspider port... would it work with no problems with my node to node
connections?

Another question is... where does dxspider save the DX spots?
I think it does not use any data base as postgreSQL?

Many thanks for your time and best 73!

--
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles, EA4TV