[Dxspider-support] NO User AX25 Connects

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.net
Tue Mar 19 11:31:36 GMT 2002

Hello All

I am still trying to resolve the problem of users NOT being able to connect
to DXS.

During this time I checked the TNC and the hook up cables between the
computer , TNC and the radio.  By the way, this hardware was a working
environment with PacketCluster and BPQ.  With a suggestion I changed
the TNC to a PK88 and the results are the same as was with the KPC-3.

I am able to make connections to users via the Console.  I even placed a
entry in the crontab to check the connection every 20 minutes and if not
connected then reconnect the user(s).  These parts work pretty good.
By the way, once connected the traffic flows well between the system
and the users.

Unfortunately the users can NOT make a connection to the DXSpider.  I
can see their connection attempts (SABM+ via listen) but no response
from the system.  The TNC is seeing the connection attempts as
indicated with a DCD light and other activity as indicated by the other
lights on the TNC.

Here is a brief description of the system...  Computer is a P100 running
an original installation of Red Hard 7.1 upgraded with Red Hat 7.2.
Upgraded linux kernel 2.4.18.  PK88 and/or KPC3 TNC in kiss mode.  I
used the rpm versions of libax25, ax25-tools, and ax25-app.  I run the
node in three xterm windows, one for the node, the second for the
console, and the third for listen (TNC traffic).  I start the node, then the
console and then kissattach the TNC and finally listen.

Here is the configuration file.  I am not using NETROM so I just
commented out those lines.  This file is owner/group is root.

# /etc/ax25/ax25d.conf
#
# ax25d Configuration File.
#
# AX.25 Ports begin with a '['.
#
[KC4HW VIA VHF]
NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
default  * * * * * *  -	sysop /spider/src/client client %s ax25
#
[KC4HW-1 VIA VHF]
NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
default  * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/sbin/node	node
#
#
#[OH2BNS VIA 2]
#NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
#default  * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/local/sbin/ttylinkd	ttylinkd
#
#[OH2BNS-2 VIA 2]
#NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
#default  * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/sbin/node	node
#
#[OH2BNS-3 VIA 2]
#NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
#default  * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/local/sbin/axwrapper	axwrapper
/usr/bin/finger finger
#
#[OH2BNS-9]
#NOCALL  * * * * * *  L
#default * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/sbin/node	node
#
# NET/ROM Ports begin with a '<'.
#
#<netrom>
#NOCALL  * * * * * *  L
#default * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/local/sbin/ttylinkd	ttylinkd
#
#<netrom2>
#NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
#default  * * * * * *  -	sysop /spider/src/client client %s ax25e
#
#<netrom>
#NOCALL  * * * * * *  L
#default * * * * * *  -	root  /usr/sbin/node	node
#

OK, this is it...  Any help will be appreciated...

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim at kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net
DXCluster RF Connection: 144.97
DXCluster Telnet: Coming Soon