[Dxspider-support] NO User AX25 Connects

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.net
Tue Mar 19 17:01:46 GMT 2002

On 19 Mar 02, at 16:11, Rene Olsen wrote:

> Hi Jim.
>
> > Unfortunately the users can NOT make a connection to the DXSpider.  I can
> > see their connection attempts (SABM+ via listen) but no response from the
> > system.  The TNC is seeing the connection attempts as indicated with a
> > DCD light and other activity as indicated by the other lights on the TNC.
> >

> If you can see the SABM with listen, then it is just a question of
> something not being configured the way it should. I think :-)

Well I thought the same thing, but have not been able to find it...

> What exactly does the SABM look like ?

VHF: fm N4JTP to KC4HW ctl SABM+ 11:00:56
VHF: fm N4JTP to KC4HW ctl SABM+ 11:00:57

> Try to show us your axports file and also the kissattach line you use.

# /etc/ax25/axports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign speed packlen window description
#
VHF	KC4HW-1	1200	255		2	144.97 MHz (1200 bps)

Well I changed this callsign to KC4HW and now I can get
*** Connected to KC4HW

then nothing else.  No login or nothing.  I tried to disconnect this user
from the console and it said that "N4JTP not connected locally"

Here is the:  kissattach /dev/ttyS1 VHF 44.xx.xx.xx

> > [KC4HW VIA VHF]
> > NOCALL   * * * * * *  L
> > default  * * * * * *  -	sysop /spider/src/client client %s ax25
>
> This entry is the way it should be. However I am not sure if there is a
> difference between lower and uppercase letters in this config file.

I edit it to change to lower case letters...did not seems to make any
difference

> If you can connect a user called for example k4xxx by doing
>
> call vhf k4xxx
I entered "call VHF n4jtp" and got a terminal screen so I typed some
information and it arrived at N4JTP, who inturn replied and it arrived via
the terminal.

So I guess I can receive a connection via AX25, but the connection is
not getting to the node.

> then the line
>
> [kc4hw via vhf]
>
> should also be ok in ax25d.conf. Asuming that kc4hw is the call of the
> cluster.
>
> Hope this gets you a bit further.
>
> Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH

Thanks Rene making progress, but still not all the way there..  Anymore
thoughts/help?

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim at kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net
DXCluster RF Connection: 144.97