[Dxspider-support] Crontab automation

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Wed May 8 06:49:57 BST 2002

Hi Ian and all,

                     Considering the question raised by Will a few days ago
regarding auto checking / selecting several cluster nodes with which to
connect and the general enquiry following , nothing specific came to mind.
However a thought occurred to me this morning.

Lets say user 'x' has asked the sysop for information regarding ZL stations
spotted on 20 mtrs daily over a 2 week period and further more has asked
that the results be dumped into a "files" area. The general idea could be
useful in a number of ways. Apart from the timings which are easily set and
the
basic command to sh/dx ZL on 20m , how would one send the results to a
series of files in a files area.

This is a suggestion to indicate the possible kinds of requests a sysop may
get and no solution is immediately required. I put this forward from the
angle of the NON programming sysop who is looking for a DXSpider command
sequence to acomplish it.

- Regards Colin