[Dxspider-support] Keps

Simon Ravnic simon at hamradio.si
Wed May 15 21:47:01 BST 2002

> Has anyone automated the process of converting and load the Keps to
> DXSpider?   Would you mind sharing the procedure?

Hello!

Here is what I do:
in /etc/crontab there is the line:

1 1 * * 7 root /spider/perl/kepler

and /spider/perl/kepler looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
cd /spider/perl
rm nasa.all
wget http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all
./convkeps.pl nasa.all

As a root of the system I get an email everytime this script is run, which
reminds me (automagically) to do a load/keps as a sysop in my S50DXS node. I
don't how to
automate this last step and would be glad to learn.

73
Simon, S53ZO

-------
Simon Ravnic, simon at hamradio.si
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo

"The opinions expressed in this email are strictly those of the author
 but he is a very good fellow so you can trust what he says."