[Dxspider-support] WW convers display problems

Ian A Bultitude ian at bultitude.org
Mon May 27 10:16:30 BST 2002

Hi All,

I there someone who can assist?
Here are some messages I have received from one of my users.
My system here is Linux directly to the radio ports.
It would appear that the nodes where he is getting the 'cr/lf' are all
running a DOS base program as the front end (even though it is running on
Linux such as JNOS).
This user (as do most of my users) connect using AX25 to their local NETROM
node, then make a netrom connect to my system where a telnet session within
my node is set-up to my cluster node.

Is there a user setting that the user can apply to have this system send the
'cr/lf' instead of just 'lf'?
I am not a programmer so looking at the code means nothing to me. So I need
step by step instructions if I have to modify any code.

Thanks.

Msgno: 1380 To: G6KHW From: G0PQO at GB7KHW Gateway: GB7KHW

Hello Ian
Here's a funny little foible for you to play with!!
I've spent an hour or two on your WWconvers server today, the display
problem I can sort out by going into review mode with my s/w and coming
out of it again - then it formats properly.
But this one puzzles me: everything works fine, I can execute commands,
talk to people, but the problem starts when somebody leaves the channel.
I get the message telling me that someone has left the channel an infinite
number of times! It goes on  and and on until I finally disconnect!! Any
ideas??
73 / Kevin / G0PQO

Msgno: 1305 To: G6KHW From: G0PQO at GB7KHW Gateway: GB7KHW

Hello Ian
I wonder if I can pick your brains?? !!
I can't make the WWconverse work properly, or to be more precise, can't
make it display properly.
Whem it goes to a new line, it doesn't start the new line on the left
hand edge, it starts it directly under the end of the previous line.
The result is that text slopes diagonally across the screen.
It only happensa with WWconverse, everything else formats properly.
Any ideas??
73 / Kevin / G0PQO
Msgno: 1309 To: G6KHW From: G0PQO at GB7KHW Gateway: GB7KHW

Hello Ian
I was a bit concerned that the formatting problem I hit with your converse
server may have been something to do with my software.
To check it out I did a magical mystery tour of a few others this morning
to see how they "behaved".
You're not alone - the server at CORLEY also gives me a slanting diagonal
display across the page.
But; the servers at MKGATE, IPBBC and GB7DXM all give me a "proper"
display.
Any ideas?
The display style from yours makes it more or less unusable, which
is a shame. And it seems pointless to have to make another hop to MKGATE
when I want to use it.
73 / Kevin / G0PQO

Regards
Ian
mailto:ian at bultitude.org
Phone +44-1234-740-758
Mobile +44-7785-532-628

PGP key available on certserver.pgp.com
or on request

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is private and confidential to the named recipients. Any
information provided is given in good faith; it may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorised form of reproduction or disclosure
of this message is prohibited.

I have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to
this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, I cannot accept liability
for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise
that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.