[Dxspider-support] Linux mod_ssl worm

Mike McCarthy, W1NR w1nr at eecorp.com
Sun Oct 13 12:49:06 BST 2002

Hello all,
   Yesterday, my cluster node was compromised by the "mod_ssl" worm.  It did
not do any damage, but was being attacked from all over the world.  If you
have the Apache WEB server running on your cluster, be sure that you are up
to date with the latest patches to your system.  Unfortunately for me, the
Red Hat site had been experiencing technical problems and I did not get all
of the latest patches applied in time.  All is well now, but was a wake-up
call for me.

73 and best dx de Mike, W1NR