[Dxspider-support] Stations Get Disconnected For No Reason

Simon Ravnic simon at hamradio.si
Sat Sep 14 09:52:42 BST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Cioffi" <n2ki at arrl.net>

> Anyone have the problem of users getting dropped for no apparent reason?

I had this problem. Then I was playing with T3 parameter, which is idle
timeout .

* this from /etc/init.d script
# Idle
echo -n 50000 > /proc/sys/net/ax25/dmascc0/idle_timeout
(notice: this is in 10ms step due to kernel mod)

*this is from /etc/ax25/ax25d.conf
[S50DXS VIA DMASCC0]
default  7 800 100 * * 50  - sysop /spider/src/client client %u ax25

As I sad I was playing with T3 and somehow fixed, so it stopped droping
users (sometimes one, sometimes several, but never all). This parameters are
for 1228800bps (1.2Mbit), so you have to figure out yours, but T3 could be
the same for all speeds.

Also check how neat MRTG tracks number of users at S50DXS node:
http://grunf.hn.org/mrtg/s50dxs.html

73
Simon, S53ZO

-------
Simon Ravnic, simon at hamradio.si
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo

"The opinions expressed in this email are strictly those of the author
 but he is a very good fellow so you can trust what he says."