[Dxspider-support] Mrtg revisited

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri Sep 27 17:57:33 BST 2002

This MRTG stuff sounds interesting, but I have no prior experience with it
and am a bit confused about how to get it going.
I see from /spider/Changes the following:

1. added mrtg stuff to the system as a template. In order to use this
you must install mrtg onto your system and copy all the mrtg files (or
at least all the images) to new directory /spider/html/mrtg. The system
generates the config file for you as part of its workings. To get it to
update add a line to your spider crontab like:

I have mrtg (Debian package) installed.

The only html stuff installed is in the documentation directory:

/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/logfile.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/unix-guide.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/faq.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/squid.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/index.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mibhelp.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-ti.gif
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtglib.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/cfgmaker.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/nt-guide.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/webserver.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/reference.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/indexmaker.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-l.png
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-m.png
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-r.gif
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-r.png
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/mrtg-rrd.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/contrib.html
/usr/share/doc/mrtg/html/forum.html

Are these the files I need to copy to /spider/html/mrtg or are there
some other files which I am missing?

73, Bob N7XY