[Dxspider-support] Mrtg revisited

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sat Sep 28 04:04:40 BST 2002

Got it.  Actually there were a few other png files which I think are
the ones I need.  They were install in /var/www/mtrg.  I moved them to
/spider/html/mtrg and did 'ln -s /spider/html/mtrg /var/www/mtrg'.  The
spider/mtrg/mtrg.cfg got created and hfspots, totalspots, totalusers,
users, wcyka, wwvka and wwvsfi get generated in /spider/mrtg/ each time
crontab runs "local_cmd('mrtg all').

So far so good, but the corresponding .html files do not get created in
/spider/html/mrtg/ (stats.html did get created, however).  Therefore,
although the page exists, there are no graphs shown, just the headings
for each of the missing graphs.  /spider/mtrg/mtrg.cfg shows

Htmldir: /spider/html/mrtg
Imagedir: /spider/html/mrtg

/var/log/mrtg/mrtg.log was created, but is empty.  It is owned by root.
Does it need to be owned by sysop in order for it to be written to?

Bob