[Dxspider-support] telnet->telnet->remote cluster connection

Cormac J. Gebruers cjgebruers at 4c.ucc.ie
Fri Apr 11 16:58:14 BST 2003

Manual telnet connections are ok - on port 23 or any other (using any
telnet client)

The issue is when DXSpider, running on a Win2K machine, attempts a
telnet connect to a linux box (not necessarily even running DXSpider)
via one of its connect scripts. DXSpider doesn't 'see' text but rather
rubbish that looks like this:

%FF%FD%18%FF%FD %FF%FD#%FF%FD'

This has been replicated by 2 other sysops at this stage. The suspicion
is no longer on port 23 as I've verified it occurs regardless of what
port is specified in the script to be used for the telnet connection.

All ideas welcome...
Cormac, EI4HQ