[Dxspider-support] Spider <-> SV2AGW Packet Engine

B. Charles Sutton w1mcp at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 04:55:29 BST 2003

Hi Guys,

  I recently downloaded DXSpider and must say I like what I have seen.  I
followed the instructions (running on Win 95) and I only have one hurdle I
haven't been able to get over.  I have the telnet portion working and all
seems OK on that end, but I can't seem to get the SV2AGW half working.  I'm
using a Kantronics PacketCommunicator 3, and have selected KPC-3.  I found
in the archives that some versions use the "Intface Kiss" command (which I
did verify) and this one does.  I also have the soft reset in position 3.
If I telnet into the cluster and send a spot or an announcement, I never see
the KPC3 go into Xmit.  The spot/an is echoed back through telnet though.
How can I tell if DXSpider and SV2AGW are communicating with each other?

Thanks for you help,
Charlie....
W1MCP