[Dxspider-support] Beacon?

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sun Aug 10 00:27:55 BST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 23:20, Dave M1AGN wrote:
> Just a simple beacon identifying the cluster and where it's located similar
> to the beacon something like FBB sends out.

I guess you mean out over the radio port?  If this is the case then
Spider has nothing to do with that.  You need to use the radio
connection (linux/ax25 or AGW) to send beacons.  Spider does not have a
beacon facility as it does not support the radios directly.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk