[Dxspider-support] Beacon?

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sun Aug 10 00:29:18 BST 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 11:10:33PM +0100, Dave M1AGN wrote:
> Sorry this must be obvious but I can find anything in the manual, I'm trying
> to find out if it's possible for dx spider to send out a beacon?

If you are running spider under Linux, use the beacon command (part of
ax25-tools).

I have the following set up when I initiate ax.25:

beacon -c N7XY -d DX -l -t 10 2m  "N7XY DX Cluster"

This sends out a UI frame on port "2m" every ten minutes addressed to
"DX" with the text "N7XY DX Cluster".

OTOH, if you are using Windows, perhaps AGW provides some similar facility
for this.

73,
Bob, N7XY