[Dxspider-support] Stored user login scripts

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Mon Aug 11 08:07:30 BST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 23:13, Fulvio Galli wrote:

> now a stupid question:
>
> HOW CAN THE USER SET YOUR OWN LOGIN SCRIPTS in the /spider/scripts ???

They can't.  It is hoped eventually that they would be able to set their
own scripts from the cluster and they would be stored by the program in
/spider/scripts.

> Must I, as Sysop make them for all USER that need some login scripts (eg
> set/page, etc).
Yes, this is what needs to be done currently.  In actuality I have found
that few people need them as most of them use intelligent logging
software that allows them to prepare scripts locally.

Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk