[Dxspider-support] No chat?

Gunnar Widell (HF/ESE) gunnar.widell at ericsson.com
Wed Aug 13 08:15:07 BST 2003

Dave,

The Loggernet chat group was filtered in the beginning, but now sent to all since more nodes wanted the information... I will reconsider to filter it in all directions.

The CHAT mode will help us to be able to filter out information, since some comunication hopefully will be in this mode, instead of on the Broadcast channel ANN/FULL or in DX-spots...

We also have old slow radio links, and use filtering of different kinds.
During normal weeks most links are ok with a unfiltered connection, but during Contest etc they get saturated. We filter on DX-spots, only originated in EU and other stuff...

Since filters can be combined and modified in all different flavours, it shouldnt be any problems to filter out the data you dont want or need.

Here is my filter configuration towards OH5NK-7. The ANNOUNCEMENT (PC12) filter out chat group loggernet.

sh/filter oh5nk-7
OH5NK-7 : route input
 filter1 accept call_dxcc oh
OH5NK-7 : route