[Dxspider-support] NODES LINK / LOOP

Luiz Catalan catalan at lnx.lfc.mat.br
Fri Aug 15 19:34:48 BST 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Jose Ng Lee wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Jose,

> I am linking to two DXSpider nodes [NODE A and NODE B].  First, I didn't set
> any special filtering rules.  Node B told me that my node was causing a Loop
> in his cluster.  Then, I disconnected Node B link and set him "set/isolate
> Node B" and reconnected.  Now, I am seeing a loop [double spots] on my own
> cluster.  I am not sure how DXSpider connected to two or more links handles
> the spots to avoid Looping.  It was easy in CLX to declare a node as ACTIVE
> or PASSIVE link.  At least, I will like to have two links or more as backup
> in case the main link is out.
>
> Can someone help me or give me a clue how to handle the loop issue?  Or if
> you have more than one link how do you set your node link.

Probably you have no loops at all ... I had this very same problem, and it
was caused by a corrupted file. If you had 8 links, like me, your spots
would be repeated 8 times ;-) Try to delete /spider/data/dupefile and
restart your node. This should bring the health back to your node :)

> Thanks,
>
> JOSE / HP2CWB

Best 73 de Luiz - PP5AQ