[Dxspider-support] Pipe´ing spider output into a database?

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Mon Aug 25 06:05:02 BST 2003

Hi Luiz,

in the spider/perl directory there is a file, Local.pm copy this to
spider/local and take a look, there are 'hooks' to catch spot, www, wcy,
any incoming cluster message, etc. You can add your own code there
without diging into the source code.

I am using it to call an external PYTHON program to store spots in a
MySQL table and process them by another program to generate SMS/email
alerts when 2m Es opens to Hungary.

If you are interested, I can give you the modified Local.pm and the
PYTHON program.

Regards... Bela, HA5DI