[Dxspider-support] Problems with command " dx by "

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Tue Dec 30 11:25:36 GMT 2003

Hi All.
Below relates to running Spider in Windows XP.
At the moment we can scroll back through debug window and look at the
traffic and generally see whats going on, or what isn't. It would be nice
that if there was a new protocol then most of us could easily figure out
network/connection problems or where that last spot originated from.

I don't think seeing a node list really matters to users, most of them
still treat the network like the old packet network was years ago, all lot
of them log in, do a SH/CL, see that there is 'only' 148 nodes connected so
they log out again, appearing at and staying at another node where there is
500+ nodes showing on the config, never mid how many actual links there
were at the first node.

The only other command I would like to see would be SH/USER/ALL where all
the cluster users would be shown in alphabetical order. And there there
would be SH/USER G to list all G stations connected etc.

I have found that what doesnt work(if it's supposed to) is that if a user
has 2 connects into the network  like: G0XXX (At GB7EDX,GB7DJK) he is
connected to my local node, then if you sent a talk message to his remote
connection: Talk G0XXX > GB7DJK Hello   then the message would only be sent
to local user G0XXX and he would get the message:
G0XXX de G0TSM > GB7DJK Hello
This has happened a few times where I'd like to 'talk' to the user on his
other connection and it doesn't work. If I just do a talk to G0XXX then the
message still isn't send to both connections.

The final thing was how can a user: M1SMH (at GB7DXE, GB7EDX) not be listed
in the node config for GB7DXE? if I disconnect all my links he is still
listed M1SMH (at GB7DXE, GB7EDX) wierd.

73 and have a very happy new year..

Darren