[Dxspider-support] Problems with command " dx by " (CHAT)

Gunnar Widell (HF/ESE) gunnar.widell at ericsson.com
Tue Dec 30 12:46:49 GMT 2003

>The answer to your talk problem is to make sure that all connections get
>a copy. As I propose to broadcast talk messages (actually flood route),
>this would be sorted.

Just a suggestion for your coming updates.
Maybe disable forward of "CHAT PC12s" to AK1A nodes. The big mess that ocurred a couple of weeks ago, when PA3AES Cees had problems with corrupt PC12.

As of now very little activity on CHAT. Most hams are not aware of this feature.
Tommy SM3OSM has made an extra command to be able to see recent active chat groups, SHOW/CHATGROUPS.
You can test it on SK3W and SK3GW clusters (.shacknet.nu:8000).

There are not much info on the web regarding CHAT, but I found two:
K1BI regarding CHAT:
http://www.falara.org/K1RKdx/chatmode.html

SM3SGP regarding loggernet and CHAT:
http://www.ham.se/showthread.php?s=8fd94007a69e629fa0096e58ea36cab8&threadid=28