[Dxspider-support] upcoming release

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 16:35:03 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 13:40, Kjell Jarl wrote:
> How about talk working to a call sign with autocompleted SSID, if no
> more than one is present and that one is not a cluster (which must then
> be specified with correct SSID). SSID is sometimes removed in
> announcements/talks so you do not know the user if he have a SSID.

That is something we could put in later. It isn't a bug fix, it is
deliberate. See previous versions of this discussion.

The issue boils down to this: the clued in user uses the same callsign
to mean the same things on all connection, different callsign ==
different things (typically for cluster sysops for example: XX0XXX =
user, XX0XXX-2 = node).

Given that I fix it so that a 'talk' gets routed to all connections of
XX0XXX, this surely fixes one of many problems. This is one of the
things that cannot currently be done reliably.

Dirk G1TLH