[Dxspider-support] Question connecting "as"

Han Sytsma middenveld at tip.nl
Sat Feb 1 20:36:39 GMT 2003

Hi,

I want to connect another cluster with another call than the original
cluster call in this way:

I want to give my cluster the call PI8CDR-7 and connect my neighbouring node
PI8DXW with the call PI8CDR-8.
So I made a test setup and named the cluster for the moment PI8DXD.
Then I connected my other dxcluster with the call PI8CDR-6 (ax25_call ether
pi8cdr-6 pi8cdr-7 pi1cdr).

This seems to be working but a disconnect follows after some time, I guess
it is caused by the "ping" that is made between the two nodes and the test
setup returns pi8dxd.
In the same way I want to setup a listen only link as a backup link.

Has anyone experience with such a setup? How can I avoid the disconnecting?

73, Han PE1FAM