[Dxspider-support] User helpfile questions

Brendan Minish ei6iz at newsguy.com
Tue Feb 4 11:54:58 GMT 2003

At 15:42 03/02/2003 +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>Brendan
> >From the html versions either in /spider/html or from the website?
>Alternatively, if you have any SGML tools (eg on Linux) then many
>formats can been generated from the original sgml format text.

Thanks Dirk,
         Currently the .txt version that is included with the latest
distributions contains what I assume are non-deleting backspaces and
Doubled Characters. I guess this prints in bold on some systems?
         The Administrator's manual that comes with the distributions is
already in plain text.

         I have done up a copy in MS-word format (Which I can export as
plain text or RTF) which is formatted to fit on 10 pages of A4 when printed
4 pages to the sheet. The only omission I have  made from the original
manual is the sys command as my users don't really need to know about SYS
and leaving this out got me down to 40 pages (10 @ 4 per page)

I intend printing out copies for my local users. If anyone else wants a
copy of this file as I have it formatted I can zip and E-mail it to you.

I am currently only using windows (win98 for the cluster machine ) and
win2k everywhere else but now that I am running dxspider I have a pretty
good excuse to take another look at linux.

73
Brendan EI6IZ (sysop EI7MRE)