[Dxspider-support] Users vs Performance?

Kelly Jones kjones at sullivan1.com
Sun Feb 9 05:59:57 GMT 2003

Well, I suspect I'm quickly becoming Dirk's favorite person.  :-o

I've run into another situation....

It seems that once I get ~40 users logged in the console hangs.  Also, upon
login attempt, after entering your callsign, nothing happens.  The whole
cluster part comes to a screeching halt.

I was able to verify this by logging in 60 "robots" and waiting for Spider
to break.  Sure enough, I can duplicate this "hang" on demand.

Is there a functional limitation on users/node connections?  It's not
uncommon for there to be upwards of 75 users on my node.  If anyone needs a
demonstration of the "hanging" symptoms, I'll be happy to oblige.

The system is a Celeron 500, 256 meg RAM, ATA100 drive, Slackware
7.1.  Also updated Spider to 1.51 b 57.191.

Thanks for any ideas,
Kelly - KE9KD