[Dxspider-support] Filtering Issues

Mike Lewis mlewis at digitalglobe.com
Tue Feb 18 20:38:00 GMT 2003

Charlie,

I am familiar on some level with the cty.dat file (from some previous
dealings with the CT program), but I was not aware that spider used this
file. I don't have any knowledge of the US database file you speak of. I am
not sure how these files are specifically used by spider, or where to get a
hold of them (I guess the cty.dat file is part of the install, but what of
the other one?)

The zone filter debug output shows the filter operations. many spots are
rejected, but it is still accepting some with out of area callsigns (your
K1XX call is a perfect example of one that is still spotting) - is it due to
being from a node instead of a user somehow?

Given what I am intending to accomplish, what is the best way to configure
to accomplish what I am trying to do? Should I pursue making the zone filter
work more accurately, or should I just go to a filter using a number of
selected states?

Any info on how to specifically configure these files you mention would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike