[Dxspider-support] Filtering Issues

Mike Lewis mlewis at digitalglobe.com
Tue Feb 18 22:02:00 GMT 2003

Charlie,

The spots were shown to be from K1XX (presumably you?) There were also some
spots from some CA stations, their callsigns were not really memorable so I
can't remember them specifically off the top of my head. I am located in
Colorado, pretty much smack in the middle of zone 4.

I could do state filtering, but now am interested in whether I have
something not properly setup on my system, or whether there is some other
issue. I don't quite understand the format and/or use of the cty.dat file in
any case. An excerpt from an older cty.dat file, located on my work system
with a old version of spider, for the United States section shows:

United States:            05:  08:  NA:   43.00:    87.90:     5.0:  K:
    4U1WB,AA,AA4NU(4),AA8RK(5)[8],AA8UL(5)[8],AA9LA(5)[8],AB,AB4JI(4),AC,AD,
    AE,AF,AG,AH0M(5)[8],AH2M(5)[8] ...(continued)

I don't really know what this is telling me, so I am not sure what would be
required to edit it to suit my needs.

As for the changes directory, is that setup for each distribution, or is
that part of a specific distribution, or part of a CVS download? I am not
sitting in front of my system right now, but I don't recall seeing that
directory. I loaded the most current version by clicking on the 'the latest
CVS version' link and downloading and untarring the CVSlatest.tgz.tar
file...It is version 1.51 (don't remember build number), but downloaded
within last 2 weeks.