[Dxspider-support] Filtering Issues - Updated

Mike Lewis mlewis at digitalglobe.com
Thu Feb 20 00:03:27 GMT 2003

Hi,
Found the reference to the usdb file, downloaded it off the dxcluster site,
and built it up. Implemented a state-based filter on my own callsign as a
test, presuming that if that worked ok for blocking spots from my screen, an
appropriately installed input filter on the node I am connected to would do
the same thing for all the incoming spots to my cluster. Have not had a
chance to check it exhaustively, but seems to work. Upside is that it
catches the 'out-of-call-area' callsigns correctly. The presumable down side
would be that this file goes out of date periodically? I am guessing it
would take quite a while for it to be enough out of date to matter, but just
wondering if there is a mechanism to update this file periodically by
downloaded an update and rebuilding it? Is that something that is supported
on the dxcluster site, or is there an FCC site that has the file? Mostly
just curious at this point.

Lastly, since state filtering appears to work, this is also a very low
priority question, but wondering if there are any thoughts on the zone 4
filter being so 'wide' problem I started this thread with. Would a newer
cty.dat file have any effect on this? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

ML