[Dxspider-support] Latest CVS

Arnold Bosch [PA4AB] pa4ab at pa4ab.net
Sun Feb 23 11:25:40 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 12:55, Ian J Maude wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi all,

> The latest CVS offering has a couple of new commands to play with, see
> the changes file for details.
>
> I found that these commands crashed my node with a Net::Telnet error.  I
> updated to the latest Net::Telnet (v3.03, link in Installation manual)
> and the problem went away... YMMV.

My milage indeed varies:

First time I issue the command:

show/wm7d k1xx
Bareword "Net::Telnet" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
20) line
25.

After that I issue the command again:

show/wm7d k1xx

My node crashed, with the following error:

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm
line 143                                            .
 at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 143
/spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 169.
 at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 169
DXChannel  created (3)
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm
line 171                                            .
 at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 171
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm
line 171                                            .
 at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 171
Trying to add NULL User call to routing tables at
/spider/perl/Route/Node.pm line 140

I have upgraded Net::Telnet to version 3.03 before.
Also it would have been handy to tell that the file Internet.pm (which
originally was just for qrz.com) need to be present to let this command
work. Although I haven't seen it working here, this is what others say.
I am able to reproduce this crash on two different linux nodes.

Dirk any ideas?

'73 Arnold PA4AB.