[Dxspider-support] Log-Agent.zip

Brendan Minish ei6iz at newsguy.com
Sun Feb 23 16:37:55 GMT 2003

At 16:51 23/02/2003 +0100, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
>Is that right!! And what about storable? Workaround
>for that gizmo also?

There is a build of Storable for perl 5.6.1 (it is my understanding that
this IS also called 6xx )

Log-agent.zip was the only module I could not find with a Windows32
compiled version for 6xx perl.

generally modules for windows versions of perl can be found here
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/

the modules currently needed to run the latest versions of Dxspider under
perl 5.6.1 on windows systems are as far as I understand it anyway.

Modules Listed in the installation manual

Data-Dumper.zip
Net-Telnet.zip
TimeDate.zip
Time-HiRes.zip
DB_File.zip

Additional modules needed for the latest builds

Storable.zip

Log-Agent.zip (not needed as there is a Workaround?)
digest-sha1 (I don't remember installing this, is it part of the perl 5.6.1
package for windows?)

ppm query

at the command prompt will list installed packages.

As far as making changes to code for dxspider, the reasons for not patching
files directly is that the changes will be overwritten by any newer
versions that get installed. Makes perfect sense to me !

73
Brendan