[Dxspider-support] Tiny-2 TNC Problem

Bill & Chris Shell n6ws at charter.net
Sun Feb 23 17:59:29 GMT 2003

Thanks to all that responded.

Charlie - I tried sending a RESTART and a RESET in both upper and lower
case, but I get nothing from the TNC.  I was hoping for an echo or anything,
but ...  I'll have to wait until Monday when the owner of the node can reset
everything.

John - I will have the owner of the node try the TNC on a second serial port
just to make sure the second kiss port is still working.

Pavel - Thanks, I had never thought to add ferrite to the TNC cables.  We
will add ferrite to see if that could be the problem.  I have several Tiny-2
TNCs in RF rich environments, and have never had a problem before.  I hadn't
considered the PCs susceptibility to RFI.

Dave - Yes, that has been my experience, also.  I have had nothing but good
experience with the Tiny-2, MFJ-1270, and DRSI DPK-2 TNCs.  This is just a
unique situation.

Keith - I'll have the node owner take a look at the ICs in the Tiny-2 to
ensure they are all in their sockets.

73 es TU,
Bill