[Dxspider-support] xrouter 1.79c

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:11:51 GMT 2003

I have been sort of keeping a weather eye on possibly suitable software
as replacements for AGW. It appears that, to a certain extent, there is
something available.  It is called Xrouter. It appears to be a rewrite
of BPQ, but more up to date. I got a phone call today which made me look
at it again and things have obviously moved on a bit...

Now this isn't a 32bit AGW replacement, but appears to work in Win9x and
also (apparently) XP (no, I haven't tried it but I have struggled thru
the yahoo groups archive).

The big advantage from my point of view is that it has a telnet
interface that can go in both directions. This means that DXSpider can
talk to it with a standard telnet type connect and go out on air and
vice versa.

It does seem to work best on its own little (old) PC but, as I said
earlier, it can (apparently) be persuaded to work on the same machine.

If someone with better M$ knowledge than me wants to go and play and
report back, please look at:

   http://www.g8pzt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/software.htm

73 & HNY Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to