[Dxspider-support] Problems with RedHat 8.0

Michel Sabatino michel at auxe.net
Thu Jan 9 23:04:48 GMT 2003

Hi.

Aproximatly a year ago, I have instaled spider on a suse 7.3 and on a redhat
6.2 without any problems.

Now that I am trying to upgrade to a new redhat 8.0 I get some errors.
Problems are mainly from the extra libraries used in perl.

Let's have a look :

1. Data-Dumper-2.10.tar.gz. This file is no longer needed in the recent
versions of perl because included directly.
But when I am trying to execut : ./create_sysop.pl I get an error because
the script is looking for Data-Dumper-2.10.
When you try to compile it anyway to include it in the perl libraries errors
occur. No way.
At the bottom you will find an email from the creator of Data-Dumper.
2. Curses-1.06.tar.gz. I get errors when trying to make this library.

Any sugestions?

73, Michel EA8AFJ-IZ5CLJ

PS: answer from Sarathy when I asked him some help for the errors during
install