[Dxspider-support] Install question...

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sun Jan 26 10:43:24 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 01:18, Dale Harwood wrote:
> > If all is well then login on another term or console as sysop and cd to
>
> >/spider/src. Now issue the following command ...
> >
> > $ ./client
> >
> When I issue the client command without any call, it does not work as
> the instructions say. Up to this point I had not seen mention of the
> console.pl command, BUT, I am still reading  (-;

Hi Dale,
Thanks for this, I will look at the docs and change this to reality :-)
the console.pl script is dealt with later in the docs.

> The other gotcha I ran into was I first found the install instructions
> for RedHat 5.1 and used them (had not see the other set of instructions
> at this point)

Where did you find these?  Was it install.html?  If so I will remove
this file, once I ensure everything is covered.  These were the first
set of instructions and are well out of date now, sorry.

> Thanks again ! Looking forward to getting the rest of it configured.
> It is running now,
>
> working on the ax25 part making it co-exist with the bbs.
If we can help at all, just post the list.
Good luck
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk