[Dxspider-support] Node won't restart properly

David Ward dward at kos.net
Sat Jul 5 20:33:26 BST 2003

On June 25 my Spider node suffered a from a power failure. I restarted it the next day and a cursory look indicated everything had restarted properly, alas it was not so.

Here are the symptoms, I am hoping someone has some ideas as to what is wrong and how to correct it.

The node had run with only a few minor quirks without any problem.
The version is 57.191 on Red Hat Linux 7.3.
The problem appeared to start after a power failure although that is not certain.
When I log in locally, i.e. using the client program, everything appears OK but when I do sh/dx it only shows the spots from June 25. However I can see the spots coming in to the main cluster program from an internet feed.
Another node tries to connect to me (via RF). Using the listen program I can see the connect attempts but my node never seems to respond.

Any ideas or suggestions for tests that I can try to isolate the problem?
Is there any chance some data file was corrupted as a result of a power failure?

Thanks,
Dave Ward
VE3BIP
Belleville, Ontario