[Dxspider-support] Backbone configuration out-of-date?

John Clayton g4pdq at arrl.net
Mon Jul 7 12:59:58 BST 2003

In message <6.0.0.10.2.20030707111150.01da6a58 at localhost>, Darren G0TSM
<spider at g0tsm.com> writes
>It's a Euro thing, I noticed this well over a year ago and have had
>many discussions with Keith, the SysOp of DXX/DXY.
(snip)
It also happens in UK - GB7DXC is an AK1A node which is fed by GB7BAA
and only shows data for the GB and EI nodes.  Connections on other
nodes, as seen on GB7DXC sometimes 'hang' in that the station may well
have disconnected (as you say, days ago) from a remote (but in this
case, still within the UK) node but is still showing connected to that
node according to GB7DXC - ie the PC17 has, for whatever reason, not
arrived at GB7DXC.

The reverse can also happen - ie a station connects to a remote node but
according to GB7DXC, there is no sign of the connection.

John, G4PDQ.
--
If all the world's a stage,
Where does the audience sit?