[Dxspider-support] Telnet logins not timing out

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 8 01:02:54 BST 2003

Thanks to Ian for his help on this one. I was actually seeing something a
bit odd where some sessions stayed up for 8 hours after disconnection, but
haven't been able to replicate it.

However - the fact that a telnet session stays up for even 15 mins or so
after a hard disconnection is giving me some problems in our using the thing
for the IARU contest this weekend where folks don't want the complication of
having to think about logging back in with a different callsign (brains
already overloaded!). Is there any way to change the telnet timeout for
recognising that a user has gone?

Andy, G4PIQ