[Dxspider-support] Node won't restart properly

David Ward dward at kos.net
Wed Jul 9 02:40:42 BST 2003

A few days ago I asked about a problem where a node wouldn't restart properly after a power failure. Ian suggested a problem with the system clock. I fixed the clock and that fixed the problem with the local login. However I still have the problem with the remote node trying to connect (via RF). I investigated further and it seems that my node doesn't know about the remote node. All of this worked before the power failure.

Below is a small snippet from the admin terminal where I tried to add va3pec-5 as a remote node. This doesn't seem to work. Anyone know why va3pec-5 was lost during the power failure and how I fix it?

Thanks,
Dave

show/node
Node Call   Sort    Version
VE3BIP-7    Spider  1.51
VA3MW-7     Clx     5-0.00
2 records
VE3BIP de VE3BIP-7  9-Jul-2003 0116Z >

set/spider va3pec-5
VA3PEC-5 set as DXSpider style Node
VE3BIP de VE3BIP-7  9-Jul-2003 0116Z >

show/node
Node Call   Sort    Version
VE3BIP-7    Spider  1.51
VA3MW-7     Clx     5-0.00
2 records

  Dave,

  The symptoms you describe precisely match those when the clock on the node is wrong.

  Please check .....

  Regards     -     Iain