[Dxspider-support] dxcluster locked and eating all cpu power

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 17:06:15 BST 2003

As a start, with silly weird problems like this that 'suddenly' appear
one day: remove the /spider/data/dupefile.

This sees to cure a lot of these problems.

After that, recreate the user file from backup by doing:

cd /spider/data
perl user_asc

It appears that the berkeley db 1.85/6 library on most machines is very
sensitive to computers crashing and leaving the file in some undefined
state. This has been long cured in later versions, these are not easily
available on (for instance) Windows boxes with perl bindings.

So until that happens we are stuck with the standard library with its
little foibles.

Dirk G1TLH

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to