[Dxspider-support] PassPhrase

Colin Harris chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 19:07:08 BST 2003

Further checking about passphrases ( which I was unaware of
in Spider )
it appears it is a Spider function. Now I have never set any
passphrases here for anyone.

Since telnetting from a win XP box ( successfully ) I now
find that

1) I cannot telnet into the cluster ( from linux or
windows )
2) I cannot netrom connect to the cluster ( from linux )

3) I can telnet to Node
4) I cannot then Connect to the cluster node because
5) I am told passphrase needed.

On telnetting or netrom connecting to the troubled cluster
 gb7orh) I see
in cluster.pl   G3ORH-7 USING NP But has no passphrase
         and      GB7ORH USING NP But has no passphrase

Same result with build 57.245 as with 57.253

At no time have I engaged ( NP ?? whatever that is ) or set
any passphrases.

6) I did do unset/passphrase gb7orh
    and   unset/passphrase g3orh-7      just to clear
anything not set by me.

Anyone offer a solution ( and a possible cause ? )

BTW It doesn't stop outgoing connects from gb7orh ( netrom
or telnet ).

- Regards Colin