[Dxspider-support] Conference mode?

SM3SGP sm3sgp at kkn.net
Fri Mar 7 23:26:04 GMT 2003

Hi,

The famous Contest logging program for VUSHF, Logger by SM0LCB, has a feature
called Loggernet, which uses the old conferece mode in AK1A to comunicate
automatic with a group and send log and other data between contesters.

I have not found any conference mode in DX-spider and am trying to figure out
a way to make Loggernet possible again.

My idea was  to use some kind of announcement filtering, and got the idea
from the OH clusters, which are useing a
reject/ann info ohclu
to limit all announces with the text ohclu. Nodes that are connected to a
cluster outside Finland has this filter set, and therefore not forwarding
these announces.

Since I want to start testing this on my local node, I want this filter to
work on a user basis. I users get this filter as a default, lets say:
reject/ann info loggernet
and users who wants to join the "loggernet" just clear this filter. The
Logger program will the use the syntax: A loggernet bla bla bla, in all its
commands.

My first tests show that the reject/ann INFO did not work for users, but I
dont have the latest DX-spider software installed here. I am running 57.155
on Linux.

Other idea would be some kind of distribution list, like A/LOGGERNET, but
dont know how to implement it.

An extension of the "loggernet" towards other nodes would be to implement the
filters needed on other nodes and use a ANN FULL loggernet.

Any suggestions?

73 de Gus, sm3sgp at kkn.net

sk3w.shacknet.nu 8000
http://sk3w.shacknet.nu