[Dxspider-support] show/lockout all?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:34:06 GMT 2003

What used to happen was that when a new node came on via a PC19 it was
set up as a node user. We then discovered that that was a problem,
allowing anybody to connect to anybody else without any sysop
intervention.

I changed the code so that any new PC19 node comes in, creates a node
user and is then automatically locked out.

Doing a set/node/spider/ak1a/whatever on the console then automatically
unlocks that node on the grounds that if you put that command in,
chances are you want to connect to them. Obviously an unset/lockout
command also unlocks them.

lock_nodes.pl was the conversion program to lock all nodes that didn't
have an existing lock status (either locked or unlocked). It was
designed to be run once only on nodes that needed to change to the new
system (well it was new then...).

lock_nodes.pl should not now be run unless you *really* *really* know
what you are doing...

The side effect of this is that sh/lock all will show *many* locked
nodes.

Dirk G1TLH