[Dxspider-support] show/lockout all?

Bill & Chris Shell n6ws at charter.net
Wed Mar 12 00:38:19 GMT 2003

Hi Charlie, Dirk, Iain, and all,

The UNSET/LOCKOUT is temporary until the next PC19 is received, then the
callsign is locked out of the DXSpider nodes again.  This new lockout
feature has cause problems in some of the upgrades I did to local nodes.  In
the two nodes K6EXO and K6EXO-6 the only level 9 privilege was to K6EXO-6.
When K6EXO-2 was upgraded to the latest CVS, it lockout the callsign K6EXO
because it saw a PC19 frame from node K6EXO.  Which of course led to the
inability to login to the node as K6EXO-6.

In another instance, W6RFU was upgraded, and an adjacent node is N6VR.  Ray,
N6VR could no longer log into W6RFU as N6VR-7 as he has done in the past,
and the problem was traced to the automatic lockout on receipt of PC19
frames.

The problem does not seem to be with lock_nodes.pl, it seems to be the
inability of the lockout to only affect the recorded call and SSID.  I would
like to recommend a change that would affect both the manner in which the
lockouts are set and read.  If the automatic setting on receipt of PC19
frames is limited to the specific node call with SSID, as it seems to now,
and the lockout checking also checks the call with the SSID, it would
eliminate the problem I have now.  Also, I envision the need for the
recording of callsign with a wildcard that would allow the lockout of all
SSID associated with a callsign.  Like: SET/LOCKOUT N6WS ALL

To fix the problem I have right now, with the lockout of callsigns, I need
some help.  I tried deleting the lock_nodes.pl file, and the instance of
DXSpider dumps and restarts on receipt of the first PC19 frame.  I tried
shortening the file to just exit when called, and wound up with the same
results.  Does anyone know what I can do to unlock the Sysops and keep the
systems working?  I could stop the propagation of PC19 frames around
California, but that is a little drastic.  Does anyone know of another fix I
can implement?

Thanks,
Bill
N6WS