[Dxspider-support] Maybe error maybe not.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 12:49:02 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 18:08, David Quental wrote:
> 73 to all.
>
> My call is ct1drb, name is David and I am near Lisbon, abt 15 km south of
> Lisbon.
>
> Right now I am sysop of cs1gdx-5, a pavillion software cluster, but want to
> install dxspider because is modern and works fine.
>
> Started to install dxspider in 2 computers according instructions, all ran
> fine.
>
> My linux dist is SuSE linux 8.1.
>
> From dist I installed TimeDate, IO, Net-Telnet, Curses and Digest-SHA1.
> DXSpider runs fine, but when I do command SH/C, appears this message in tty7:

If you are using perl 5.8.0 you should not be installing IO. This is
probably what has caused it. You will need to force the reinstall of
perl by finding the perl RPM on the disks and doing something like:-

rpm -Uvh --force perl-5.8.0-(nn).i386.rpm

where (nn) is the release number. You should still be able to use the
other CPAN stuff OK without re-installing them.

If someone more SuSEfied than me can help more specifically, I would be
grateful.

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.