[Dxspider-support] GB7DJK IP address

John Buttery john.buttery at btinternet.com
Sun May 11 11:52:57 BST 2003

My problem is not the script.  It works 99% of the time (or even more)
but, at times, I can't connect at all.  When it eventually reconnects, I
check sh/cl on GB7DJK and, often, it has been up all the time.
I suggested to Dirk that it may be the same problem that I have with one
of the web servers that I have for my students' use at college.  Last
September it was badly compromised and CERT suggested that we change the
IP address and no longer use the original.  This we did but, now and
again, when I try connecting to it the DNS returns its old address.  I
have to connect with the IP address instead of the domain name.  I
assume that someone, somewhere, has rebuilt their DNS with old data.
It seems that the same may be what's happening with GB7DJK.  It's IP
address has been changed a few times and may be affected by restoring
old data on a DNS somewhere?
It's ok at present but will probably vanish again in a month or two.

Best wishes

John, G7OPJ, SysOp GB7WDX