[Dxspider-support] new node question

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Fri May 30 23:07:46 BST 2003

Hello all,

I downloaded and installed DX Spider per the instructions and it is
running fine.  I can connect to the server but for the life of me I
can't seem to figure out how to get a feed in.  I want to get the feed
over the Internet (via telnet).  I have read the docs over multiple
times but it is not clear to me what to do next.  I am an experienced
*nix guy but DX Clusters are still pretty new to me.

What's next?  I thought that I could just create a file in
/spider/connect that would be used to connect to another node.  I did
this by grabbing the address of another telnet cluster nearby from
http://www.cestro.com/pcluster/pbt/tel01.shtml and created a file based
on the example (gb7tlh).  By logging in with client and doing a
'connect nodecall'  I do connect but it appears I send a bunch of stuff
and the node disconnects me.

Is this the right way to go about it?  Any help is appreciated.

Dana
N1OFZ