[Dxspider-support] Outgoing Connects

Klaus Heintzenberg dj6rx at t-online.de
Wed Nov 12 21:55:02 GMT 2003

A while ago I reported the outgoing connect problem.
It took a while, lots of useless research and then finding Mr. Dieter Deiss.

Obviously something was changed with the kernel. Maybe timer increments or
what ever?

Using default parameters does neither permit incoming nor outgoing ax25
connects with SuSE 9.0.

outgoing connect:
do this once with booting       echo 180000
>/proc/sys/net/ax25/ax0/idle_timeout

incoming connects:
if you have incoming connect problems, raise the timers  in ax25d.conf. In
my setup, the default parameters
kill any incoming connect after 500ms.

Thanks to Mr. Deiss and all the others who helped me not to give up.
73, Klaus

----------E-Mail: dj6rx at web.de -------Tele. 06135-950839----------