[Dxspider-support] show/qrz

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Thu Nov 13 01:41:59 GMT 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:12:06PM -0000, Klaus Heintzenberg wrote:
> Have edited Internet.pl  in /spider/local and plugged in my callsign and
> qrz-password.
> A show/qrz callsign  yields: Cannot connect to QRZ.com (Inappropriate ioctl
> for device)
>
> DX Spider Cluster version 1.50 (build 57.052) on Linux
> Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
>
> Please, how can I fix that?

The file in /spider/local should be named Internet.pm, not Internet.pl.

However, if that is just a typo in your message I thought of another
possibility.  I recall that QRZ has changed things over the past year
or two and suggest that you update to the latest version of DX Spider.
I'm running version 1.51 build 57.253 and sh/qrz works fine.

Since DX Spider hasn't seen any changes in CVS since May 26 (nearly six
months), should this version become an official release (Dirk?)

73, Bob N7XY