[Dxspider-support] Migration Redhat -> Debian

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sun Nov 16 10:37:34 GMT 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:11:16AM +0100, Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

> Hello friends:
>
> I am about to migrate from an old RH distrib
> to a Debian distribution.
>
> I wouldn't like to lose the Spider that i am running in my RedHat.
> What would i have to do to continue using it under Debian?
> Install sysop user, perl modules...etc?
>
> A lot of thank's.

Ruben,

I have been running Spider under Debian (currently the "sarge" version)
for nearly two years and the installation was fairly straightforward.

All of the perl CPAN modules you need are already include in Debian, so
you don't need to use the installation procedure in the Spider
instructions.  It takes a bit of work to figure out some of the
package names, as they do not exactly match the names of the CPAN
modules.  I'll be happy to assist if you need help with this.

73,
Bob, N7XY