[Dxspider-support] After migrate to Debian -> CPU Load = 100%

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Nov 24 15:40:36 GMT 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 05:55:57AM -0500, Brian wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> >All the modules have been installed using apt-get.
>
> Don't use apt-get for perl modules. If you *must* use a utility for that,
> use cpan, otherwise ftp the modules off www.cpan.org and make them manually.
> You'll have much better luck with any perl application.

In nearly two years of running Spider, I have never had any problem
using Debian perl modules, although Time::HiRes does not exist in
sarge/sid.  I used dh-make-perl to create my own .deb package of it,
however.  I'm running perl 5.8.0 on a Libranet 2.8.1 system with Debian

73,
Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net