[Dxspider-support] Freezing ax25 link

Klaus Heintzenberg dj6rx at t-online.de
Fri Nov 28 00:54:32 GMT 2003

Roland,

last night I did more testing and reduced the speed on the ax25 kiss link
from 38400Bps to 19200 Bps. Still the problem remains. If you try to upload
a file somewhat greater than 5 Kbytes to the DXSpider mailbox, the link
freezes  and the uploader is being disconnected after a while. Anything
smaller than 5 Kbytes works allright. We can upload the ARRL DX-bulletin but
not an OPDX file. I tried various ax25 parameters, nothing helps.

Later I shut down DXS and replaced it by LinKT, just to see if there is a
general problem

with the kisslink. But there was no problem what so ever.  The terminal
program linkt received 100 Kbyte files and put it on the  hard disk. Average
transfer rate 2.2 Kbit/s. The data was delivered thru a 9K6 TNC to the RMNC.

Guess you can stop further attempts to improve your ax25 situation. It looks
very much like a problem in the interface DXSpider/ax25.  It just can't
handle 'large' incoming data on a single stream and we have no way to fix
that.

73, Klaus

----------E-Mail: dj6rx at web.de -------Tele. 06135-950839----------